Developing Grant Applications

As a researcher, you prepare all research and sponsored project applications in InfoEd, and route them for approval through the department(s) that have key personnel involved. You will need to submit an application each year during the life of the project, even if the extramural funding agency does not require an institutional signature.

You can access helpful application tools, such as checklists, templates, instructions, deadline details, rate schedules, and manuals, on websites of the Grant and Contracts Office (GCO), Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA), and Financial Administration of Clinical Trials Services (FACTS).

Learn more about how to prepare and submit your proposals.

As a principal investigator, you are fully in charge of managing your grant finances. Your designated department administrator will provide post-award services, and will work closely with the institutional/central Sponsored Projects Accounting Office. Your GCO Grants Specialist will assist you with any questions or concerns you may have as you manage your funding.

Learn more about managing your grant.

If you hope to transfer a sponsored project to another principal investigator or institution, you will typically need to obtain your sponsor's approval. GCO and SPA can assist you with this process. Consult with your department-assigned GCO grants specialist for assistance.