The Jeff and Lisa Blau Adolescent Consultation Center for Resilience and Treatment at Mount Sinai serves as a clinical and research platform that aims to increase our understanding of mental illness, and develop new interventions for those suffering from and at increased risk of developing mental illness. Severe mental illnesses are some of the most debilitating in the medical field and rank as one of the leading causes of disease burden worldwide, affecting millions of Americans every year. The Blau Center primarily focuses on schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders.
Our research investigates the pathology of severe mental illness and facilitates collaboration between relevant disciplines, such as neuroimaging and genetics. Within our clinical services, we offer a consultation and treatment center for patients suffering from or at increased risk of developing severe mental illness. The Blau Center combines excellent clinical treatment with groundbreaking research in order to:
- Create a consultation and treatment center for patients with schizophrenia and those at increased risk to develop psychotic disorders
- Optimize the care of schizophrenia through clinical data science and artificial intelligence
- Accelerate the development of novel and breakthrough therapeutics for psychotic illnesses, including schizophrenia
- Develop, and participate in, trials examining and validating treatment interventions in psychosis and schizophrenia
- Expand translational research focusing on neurodevelopment in order to understand illness trajectories