Dennis S. Charney, MD, Dean for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and President for Academic Affairs for the Mount Sinai Health System, is an expert in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. His work in the treatment of depression has led to the discovery of new approaches for treatment. Learn how his research into the biological, psychological, and social impact of trauma can teach you how to become more resilient.
- In their book Resilience: The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges, co-authors Dennis S. Charney, MD and Steven M. Southwick, MD identify 10 "resilience factors" that help people cope with the impact of traumatic life-changing events. View excerpt
- Read The Science of Resilience: Implications for the Prevention and Treatment of Depression by Steven M. Southwick and Dennis. S. Charney in the October 5th issue of Science.
- Listen to October 5 Science podcast in which Dr. Charney discusses resilience training.
- PBS's Next Avenue shares "6 Steps to Help You Cope With Any Setback."
- View Dean Charney's presentation: Resilience - The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges
Welcome to Road to Resilience, a podcast series that features thought-provoking insight from renowned experts as they explain the science behind resilience. They will detail how everyday people can learn to be resilient and become stronger in times of hardship. This monthly series identifies simple steps that people can apply to their own lives to respond to stress, grief and trauma in healthy ways. Take a listen and discover what it takes to become resilient and bounce back when you're faced with life's greatest challenges.
Based on the well-received book Resilience: The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges, co-authored by Dennis S. Charney, MD, Anne and Joel Ehrenkranz Dean of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and Steven Southwick, MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Yale University.
Road to Resilience is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Play. New episodes of the series will be released on the last Wednesday of each month. For more information, please visit http://RoadtoResilience.buzzsprout.com