The Office of Global Operations provides expert guidance, oversight, and services that enable safe, responsible, and effective global engagement by Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai faculty, staff, students, and trainees.
We support and assist those traveling abroad under the auspices of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai for the purpose of research, teaching, training, conferences, clinical service, and student programs.
In partnership with International SOS, we offer
- A comprehensive international travel risk mitigation program
- medical and emergency advice and healthcare referrals
- security information
- medical evacuation/repatriation services
- emergency medical coverage
- security/natural disaster evacuation and assistance
- Support and assistance in case of emergency
- Pre- and post-travel guidance
- Travel risk-related trainings for faculty, staff and students
- High-risk travel review
We also provide international program support services including:
- Operational support for global activities and initiatives
- Resources to support and assist in legal, financial and compliance matters
- Guidance on technology and data security/privacy
- Communication and connection with appropriate internal stakeholders
In an Emergency
- In the case of a life threatening emergency, the first point of contact should be the in-country equivalent of 911.
- Search for emergency phone numbers on the International SOS site >Location List>Country>Travel tab>Phone & Power tab.
- Call International SOS +1 (215) 942-8478 for medical and security assistance, 24/7. You may call them collect.
In addition to our Office, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has a number of other departments that can help you before, during, and after your travels. These include: