The Assay Development and Screening Core provides assay development and medium to high throughput screening service to all investigators at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and outside corporations.
Our core also provides extensive consultation and technical assistance for user-initiated and executed projects, including support for assay design, automation and data analysis. Our integrated resources include:
- More than 110 thousands small compounds from ChemBridge.
- Both human and mouse Mission siRNA/shRNA libraries from Sigma-Aldrich.
- Two automatic liquid handling systems, Janus Integrator Platform and hp D300 Dispenser, which are able to handle liquid samples from milliliters to picoliters.
- Two plate readers, FLIPRtetra plus with 384-channel head and Envision with whole sets of filters for reading different plates.
- ImageXpress Ultra system, which is able to perform medium to high throughput of high content screens.
Our core is able to screen small molecule and siRNA/shRNA libraries in both cell-based and cell-free formats. Targets could be GPCRs, ion channels, enzymes and others. Besides primary screening, we support early hits cytotoxic study and basic cardiosafety test.