Thank you for considering the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. If you have aspirations to continue your education in biomedical science or a career in an industry-related field, our Program is dedicated to preparing you for the next steps in your training. Working aside distinguished researchers and educators and with access to the largest health care network in NYC, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai prepares you for continued success in science and research. Join our MS in Biomedical Sciences program and change the world.
How to Apply
Applicants to the Program will need to have:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college
- Undergraduate science major or other major with extensive science coursework and research. All students must have at least a year of biology and general chemistry
- At least three (3) months translational, computational, or basic science research experience (Students with only clinical trials research or chart review studies are unlikely to gain admission)
In addition, a completed application must include:
- College transcripts
- GRE or MCAT for all students
- TOEFFL or IELTS for international students
- Personal statement and description of research experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- $80 application fee. (Waived for Fall 2020)
Application Deadline & Decisions
We begin accepting applications in mid-August for enrollment the following year. Our priority application deadline is January 15th and final application deadline is June 1st for the upcoming semester.
Once admitted, you will be directed to an online enrollment site. You will then be given two weeks from the time of admission to accept our offer.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The MS in Biomedical Sciences program requires a total of 45 credits be completed for graduation. For the 2017-2018 academic year, tuition was $1,100 per credit; however, tuition costs may change annually.
Students will be sent an invoice for tuition (assuming they have registered for classes) one month before classes begin through the Student Information System. An email notification that the invoice is ready for viewing will be sent to you with the timing for payment in advance of the first day of classes.