The annual salaries for residents are competitive with other training programs in New York City.
Mount Sinai offers generous benefits to all residents including:
- Health, life, malpractice, and disability coverage
- Educational support of $600 per year to enable you to purchase textbooks, pay for licensure, or attend board review courses
- $700 biannual meal stipend
- Annual stipend for travel to a national medical conference
- Four, one-week vacations every year
- ACLS, BLS, ATLS training course reimbursement
- Reimbursement for Step 3 if passed within the first 18 months of start date
- American Board of Surgery Review Course reimbursement
- Membership in the Committee of Interns and Residents, which has been certified by the National Labor Relations Board as the representative for all interns, residents, chief residents, and fellows employed by Mount Sinai Morningside and Mount Sinai West in programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Mount Sinai owns and operates two apartment buildings: 515 West 59th Street and 10 Amsterdam Avenue, both near Mount Sinai West. Residents must submit an application and the appropriate deposit by the cut-off date. The Real Estate Office makes all rent determinations and deducts rent automatically from your paycheck. The cost is fair and consistent with applicable laws and market conditions.