How to Request Pathology Slides for Patient Care
Patients and authorized patient representatives may request pathology slides from The Mount Sinai Hospital Slide Room to another medical facility for 2nd opinion or consultation by completing the following form.
Slide Request Form: In order to avoid delays in processing, ensure the below items are clearly noted on your forms.
- Fully completed with patient name, date of birth and phone number
- First and last name of the physician the form is to be sent to, as well as correct delivery address and phone number
- Indicate whether slides will be picked up or should be sent via UPS overnight
- Signature of the patient or authorized patient representative
- Dates of service or accession/case numbers
- Payment information
Completed form can be faxed, mailed or dropped off to the Mount Sinai Hospital Pathology Slide Room. Forms should be faxed to: 212-876-4718. Forms should be mailed to: The Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Pathology Slide Room, One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1194, New York, NY 10029.
Forms can be dropped off at 1468 Madison Avenue, Annenberg Building 15th Floor, Room 15-01.
Patient requests for medical records, including pathology reports (no slides needed) should be sent directly to the Mount Sinai Medical Records Department. Records processing can be reached by calling 212-241-7373.
Request Pathology Slides for Legal Matters
Law firm and requests for slides or for preservation of specimen in relation to legal matters should be faxed to 646-537-1451.
In order to avoid delays in processing, the legal request should:
- Include patient full name and date of birth
- Indicate full address and phone number for location where slides should be sent
- Include authorization signed by the patient or authorized patient representative, indicating requesting law firm as the person(s) or category of person to whom requested information/slides should be sent
- Include dates of service or accession/case numbers
For any other requests for Pathology Slides or any other related issues/requests, contact us for more information.