The Office of Career Services & Strategy strives to provide effective personalized strategy for career path determination, focus and pursuit through individual appointments, walk-in office hours, workshops on the most relevant career topics, as well as resume feedback and interview preparation.
Office of Career Services & Strategy
If you would like career strategy advice, resume feedback (sample Cover Letter/CV/Resume can be found here) or need help with interview preparation, please make an individual appointment.
Individual appointments are not currently available but will resume as soon as possible.
The Office of Career Services & Strategy will gladly extend services to current matriculated graduate students, postdocs, and recent alumni who have graduated in the past 12 months.
On-going presentations are available for career guidance:
- CV to Resume Conversion: A step-by-step recipe for how to convert your CV into an industry marketable resume
- Interviewing: Tips and Insights: A practical guide for preparing for the most common types of interviews
- ‘NEW JOB’ Negotiations (Presentation/Discussion – bring questions): An outlined strategy for optimizing your chances of getting the job offer that you want and answers to your individual negotiation questions
- Networking: How NOT to be Afraid and Make the MOST of it: A presentation delivering networking tips and a practice networking session
- Acing It: Successfully Navigating the ACADEMIC Interview Process: A comprehensive guide to applying for tenure-track positions in academia
The following is offered in addition to typical career services, in order to provide a more comprehensive preparation for job search:
- Regular and VIDEO recorded MOCK interviews - we now offer mock interviews for improving interviewing performance and video recorded sessions for increased self-awareness
- Mount Sinai Business Cards
Internal and external recommended career resources include:
- myIDP - an assessment on skills, interests, and values, which returns career fit recommendations
- NIH Career Symposium Synopsis - valuable discussions concerning a variety of career tracks
- NIH Career Services Center - videocasts of career topic presentations, careers blog, job postings and more
- Drop Out Club (DOC)– Innovative Careers for Doctors & Scientists - job openings delivered via email
- The Versatile PhD - a great career resource for those choosing to leave academia (job announcements sent via email)
- Cheeky Scientist - industry training for post-academia PhDs
- The Solution Lab - management consulting firm who hires graduate students and postdocs for short term (10-12 week) part-time unpaid projects
- Software Carpentry - teaching basic lab skills for research computing
- The Data Incubator - Data Science Fellowship, Hiring, and Training
- Celdara Medical - offers an entrepreneurs fellowship program