The Office of Career Services & Strategy strives to provide effective personalized strategy for career path determination, focus and pursuit through individual appointments, walk-in office hours, workshops on the most relevant career topics, as well as resume feedback and interview preparation.
Office of Career Services & Strategy
If you would like career strategy advice, resume feedback (sample Cover Letter/CV/Resume can be found here) or need help with interview preparation, please make an individual appointment.
To schedule a 30-minute career coaching appointment, email email@example.com.
Weekly Drop-In Hours
Weekly drop-in hours are on Tuesdays 11am-12pm and Thursdays 2pm-3pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these 15-minute career coaching sessions.
The Office of Career Services & Strategy will gladly extend services to current matriculated graduate students, postdocs, and recent alumni who have graduated in the past 12 months.
On-going presentations are available for career guidance:
- CV to Resume Conversion: A step-by-step recipe for how to convert your CV into an industry marketable resume
- Interviewing: Tips and Insights: A practical guide for preparing for the most common types of interviews
- ‘NEW JOB’ Negotiations (Presentation/Discussion – bring questions): An outlined strategy for optimizing your chances of getting the job offer that you want and answers to your individual negotiation questions
- Networking: How NOT to be Afraid and Make the MOST of it: A presentation delivering networking tips and a practice networking session
- Acing It: Successfully Navigating the ACADEMIC Interview Process: A comprehensive guide to applying for tenure-track positions in academia
The following is offered in addition to typical career services, in order to provide a more comprehensive preparation for job search:
- Regular and VIDEO recorded MOCK interviews - we now offer mock interviews for improving interviewing performance and video recorded sessions for increased self-awareness
- Mount Sinai Business Cards
Internal and external recommended career resources include:
- myIDP - an assessment on skills, interests, and values, which returns career fit recommendations
- NIH Career Symposium Synopsis - valuable discussions concerning a variety of career tracks
- NIH Career Services Center - videocasts of career topic presentations, careers blog, job postings and more
- Drop Out Club (DOC)– Innovative Careers for Doctors & Scientists - job openings delivered via email
- The Versatile PhD - a great career resource for those choosing to leave academia (job announcements sent via email)
- Cheeky Scientist - industry training for post-academia PhDs
- The Solution Lab - management consulting firm who hires graduate students and postdocs for short term (10-12 week) part-time unpaid projects
- Software Carpentry - teaching basic lab skills for research computing
- The Data Incubator - Data Science Fellowship, Hiring, and Training
- Celdara Medical - offers an entrepreneurs fellowship program