Our faculty and staff at the Icahn Institute and Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences are leading the way in biomedical science and personalized medicine. In addition to the academic and clinical support our faculty and staff receives, you’ll also receive a wide range of personal and professional benefits.
Digital Health Faculty
The Center for Digital Health is looking for a Digital Health (DH) Faculty member, who will assist with the design, execution and management of DH related projects according to the strategic direction set by the Director of Digital Health and Personalized Medicine. Our team’s DH portfolio contains both research initiatives and commercial products.
The primary goal of the Center for Digital Health (CDH) is to empower and engage users using digital technology to ultimately improve individual health outcomes. Our dedicated team of clinical researchers, engineers, product designers, data scientists and clinicians work collaboratively with academic and industry partners to create digital platforms that enable large scale and ongoing participation from patients and consumers. We derive meaningful evidence from the high-dimensional, real world data collected on genetically diverse populations and individuals which in turn informs best research and clinical practice. The CDH is an integral part of the Mount Sinai precision medicine ecosystem with world-class capabilities in molecular profiling, discovery-based big data research, and clinical translation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: He/She will help 1. Lead the team in operational, program, and financial planning and management of our DH portfolio, 2. Serve as the collaborator and client liaison for the DH division’s academic, commercial, and technology partners, 3. Work closely with DH staff [project manager(s), research coordinator(s), etc.], 4. Assist in the writing and preparation of grant applications, protocols, informed consent forms and any other regulatory documents, 5. Co-author research papers in peer reviewed scientific journals and present at conferences and other venues using latest data science and statistical methods, 6. Supervise junior team members who are participating in DH projects and initiatives, 7. Attend relevant meetings/conferences.
Skills and abilities: 1. Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. 2. Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals. 3. Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. 4. Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities. 5. Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. 6. Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the team. 7. Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities 6. Plan: Help determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MD, PhD) – ABDs will be considered
- Grant writing/management and/or clinical trial design/management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential
- Strong leadership skill and experience in working with multi-disciplinary team
- Formal training in or >5 years of work experience in: medicine, genomics, software development, IT, programming, bioinformatics or related fields
- High level of work ethic/independence/integrity and excellent judgment/ social skills
- Prior experience in writing and publishing scientific manuscripts
- 2 or more years of applicable mobile health research and/or general DH experience
For further information, please contact Rafhael Cedeno at firstname.lastname@example.org
Multiple Positions: Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Scientist/Data Scientist in Statistical Genetics, Network Modeling, Biological Data Mining, Sequence Bioinformatics
The Icahn Institute and the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences have multiple positions open for postdoctoral fellows, research scientists, and data scientists in the areas of:
- Statistical Genetics
- Network Modeling
- Biological Data Mining
- Data Science
- Sequence Bioinformatics
To apply, send your research interests and resume to email@example.com.
Labs hiring within the Institute and Department focused on the above topics are listed below:
- Carmen Argmann Lab: Network Biology, Metabolic Disease, IBD
- Supinda Bunyavanich Lab: Integrative Genomics of Asthma and Allergic Disorders
- Jonathan Karr Lab: Computational Systems Biology
- Bojan Losic Lab: Transcriptional Networks, Exotic RNA, Immune Regulation
- Gaurav Pandey Machine Learning and Computational Biology Lab
- Zhidong Tu Lab: Systems Geroscience
- Jun Zhu Lab: Integrative Biology Network Group