The Digital Media Center, located within the Department of Neuroscience, provides creative solutions and services to Neuroscience faculty and staff, as well as to other departments within the Mount Sinai Health System.
Digital Media Center
We print posters on a first-come, first-served basis. Before printing your poster, follow the below guidelines:
- Know the size of the board on which your poster will be affixed
- Set the dimensions of your poster to the size that you would like it printed
- Create your file on a Mac or PC using PowerPoint, PDF, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, or Adobe Illustrator, on one of the following templates, if desired:
Once your poster is complete and ready for printing, e-mail your poster's digital file to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the file to the Digital Media Center, located at 1425 Madison Avenue, 10th floor, Room 10-25. Please indicate which type of paper you would like your poster printed on (glossy, matte, canvas, fine art (archival inkjet paper), or banner vinyl).
Reprints: If an error occurs during the printing process and the error is attributable to the Digital Media Center, we will be happy to reprint your poster. If, however, the error resides in the digital file, the new print will be treated as a second chargeable poster.
Our services offer a blend of traditional photography and modern photojournalism which can be adjusted to your needs. We shoot from the lab bench to the operating room and everything in between including event coverage, portraiture, and architectural photography.
We offer archival quality, fine art printing services. Our work can be seen throughout the Mount Sinai Health System and includes curating and printing all images on display at the annual "Art of the Brain" exhibition.
All active research labs at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai need a web presence. Because some principle investigators do not have the time to develop their own websites, we can create an original website using the Mount Sinai approved WordPress template. We also provide website maintenance services.
We offer the following digital media services:
- Poster design
- Photo-quality color printing
- Black and white and color photocopies
- Flyer and brochure design and printing
- Scanning, including film and transparencies (up to 8 inches x 10 inches)
- Equipment rental, including Polycom and web camera/microphone
The following outlines the costs for the Digital Media Center’s various services.
- Basic cost (Glossy or Matte): $125 per poster (up to 42" x 72"). Any size longer than 72" has an additional cost of $25.
- Rush job: (less than 24-hour turnaround time): Add $25 per poster
- Super-rush job (immediate turnaround time): Add $50 per poster
- Canvas: Please call for a quote
- Fine art (archival inkjet paper): Please call for a quote
Complete design or conversion from multiple slides: Prices start at $75 per poster. In order for us to send you a design quote, we will need to view your poster content. Please send this to us in a single file format, such as a single Word or PowerPoint document. Once we review your content, we will send you a quote for your approval. Your turnaround time will be determined as we review your content. Please note that the costs for designing a poster are separate from printing costs.
Black & White Photocopies
- Standard, 20 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.10 per page
Color Prints (laserjet)
- Standard, 20 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.60 per page
Photo-Quality Color Prints (inkjet)
- Glossy paper, 8 x 10 inches: $10 per print
- Glossy paper, 11 x 17 inches: $15 per print
- Opaque and transparencies: $10 per scan
- 2 x 43" cardboard tube: $5 per tube
- 4 x 36" cardboard tube: $7 per tube
- $100 per hour
- Full day rates: Please call for a quote
- Polycom: $25 per day
- Web camera/microphone: $25 per day
- Creation of WordPress Lab website: $500
- Maintenance of a current website: Please call for a quote.
The Digital Media Center accepts personal checks or fund transfers.
- If you are paying by personal check, please make your check payable to “MSSM, Department of Neuroscience”
- Fund Transfer (through Sinai Central) is a three-step process:
Posters are not released without the Fund Transfer form completely filled out and uploaded to Sinai Central and print jobs will be released only when payment is made in full.