The Digital Media Center, located within the Department of Neuroscience, provides creative solutions and services to Neuroscience faculty and staff, as well as to other departments within the Mount Sinai Health System.
Digital Media Center
We print posters on a first-come, first-served basis. Before printing your poster, follow the below guidelines:
- Know the size of the board on which your poster will be affixed.
- Set the dimensions of your poster to the size that you would like it printed.
- Create your presentation on PowerPoint, PDF, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, or Adobe Illustrator.
Design your own template or use one of the branded templates from Mount Sinai's Brand Center.
Once your poster is complete and ready for printing, e-mail your file to email@example.com.
If your file is larger than 10MB, you can send it via a file sharing program such as DROPBOX or bring the file to the Digital Media Center, located at 1425 Madison Avenue, 10th floor, Room 10-25.
Reprints: If an error occurs during the printing process and the error is attributable to the Digital Media Center, we will be happy to reprint your poster. If, however, the error resides in the digital file, the new print will be treated as a second chargeable poster.
Our services offer a blend of traditional photography and modern photojournalism which can be adjusted to your needs. We shoot from the lab bench to the operating room and everything in between including event coverage, portraiture, and architectural photography. Contact us for pricing.
We offer archival quality, fine art printing services. Our work can be seen throughout the Mount Sinai Health System and includes curating and printing all images on display at the annual "Art of the Brain" exhibition.
All active research labs at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai need a web presence. We can create an original website for you using the Mount Sinai approved WordPress template. We also provide website maintenance services as well as tutorials on how to self update. Contact us for pricing.
We offer the following digital media services:
- Poster design
- Photo-quality color printing
- Black and white and color photocopies
- Flyer and brochure design and printing
- Scanning, including film and transparencies (up to 8 inches x 10 inches)
- Equipment rental, including Polycom and web camera/microphone
The following outlines the costs for the Digital Media Center’s various services.
- Basic cost (Glossy paper): $125 per poster (up to 42" x 72"). Any size longer than 72" please call for a quote.
- Rush job: (less than 24-hour turnaround time): Add $25 per poster
- Super-rush job (immediate turnaround time): Add $50 per poster
- Canvas: Please call for a quote
- Fine art: Please call for a quote
Complete design or conversion from multiple slides: $150 per poster. Please send content to us in a single file format, such as a single Word or PowerPoint document. Turnaround time is determined once we review the content. NOTE: costs for designing a poster are separate from printing costs.
Black & White Photocopies
- Standard, 20 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.20 per page
- Standard, 32 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.29 per page
- Card Stock, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.45 per page
Color Prints (laserjet)
- Standard, 20 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.62 per page
- Standard, 32 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.69 per page
- Card Stock, 110 lb. paper, 8-1/2 x 11 inches: $0.85 per page
Photo-Quality Color Prints (inkjet)
- Glossy paper, 8 x 10 inches: $10 per print
- Glossy paper, 11 x 17 inches: $15 per print
- 2 x 43" cardboard tube: $5 per tube
- 4 x 36" cardboard tube: $7 per tube
- $150 per hour
- Full day rates: Please call for a quote
- Polycom: $25 per day
- Web camera/microphone: $25 per day
- Easel: $10 per day
- Creation of WordPress Lab website: Please call for a quote.
- Maintenance of a current website: $50 per hour (1hr minimum)
- Tutorial on how to update a WordPress Lab website
- 30-minute training - $50
- 60-minute training - $75
Payment is required when you pick up your poster. The cost of printing a poster is $125 (including a tube). A "Rush" fee is added if you need your poster printed sooner than 24 hours. A $50 (per poster) "Super Rush" fee is added if you need your poster printed sooner than 12 hours.
We accept Fund Transfers or personal checks. Sorry, no cash or credit cards.
Checks should be made out to: MSSM, Department of Neuroscience
PROCESSING A FUND TRANSFER:
- Log onto Sinai Central (https://sinaicentral.mssm.edu)
- Open a new Fund Transfer: Finance > Transactions > New > Fund Transfers
- Credit the Department of Neuroscience (fund # 0245-3890) the amount to cover the printing - $125
- Complete the Fund Transfer Authorization Form. You can obtain the FT number from the new fund transfer that you opened in Sinai Central.
- Attach the completed FT form to Sinai Central.
NOTE: ALL fields MUST be filled out on the FT form before you upload.
* No poster will be released without the FT form completely filled out and uploaded to Sinai Central.