The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is committed to supporting all investigators and laboratory staff. Access tools to help you understand both the research administration processes, and the training you will need to comply with state and federal requirements. Visit Mount Sinai's Research Training Website and learn more about institutional and extramural training sessions for you and your team.
InfoEd (Proposal Development) Class
Persons preparing the application in InfoEd are required to take this class.
Grants and Contracts Office
- GCO 101: Sponsored Project and Research Application Process
- GCO 102: Finding Funding Opportunities Using SPIN
- GCO 201: Basics of Sponsored Project Budgeting
- GCO 202: NIH Modular Grant Budgets
- GCO 203: Budgeting Direct Costs on Federal Awards
- GCO 204: Budgeting Indirect Costs on Federal Awards
- GCO 205: Applying the Updated Federal Indirect Cost Rates (Video - approx. 30 minutes)
- GCO 301: Preparing Grants with Subawards
- GCO 401: Basics of Preparing an NIH Other Support (OS) Page
- GCO 402: Preparing an NIH Just in Time (JIT) OS Page
- GCO 403: Preparing an NIH Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) OS Page
- GCO 404: Upcoming Changes to the NIH Biosketch and Other Support Page (Slide Set)
For applications due on or after May 25, 2021
Video (last updated 5/5/2021 I Slide Set ( last updated: 6/14/2021)
Updates: GCO's Response to NIH Implementation Plan (last updated 6/14/2021)
- Grants and Finance Compliance (Video – approx.-30 minutes)
National Institutes of Health
The NIH has a wide array of videos, webinars, podcasts, and other instructional material for you to learn about the grant submission process and policies and how to successfully compete for funding.
- Grants Application Basics - Two NIH videos about what the NIH looks for, eligibility, and the submission process.
- ASSIST for researchers submitting competitive multi-project applications, view the ASSIST training material.
- Biosketch (Webinar - approximately 30 minutes) Create a Biosketch with SciENcv
- Electronic Research Administration (eRA) This NIH site has helpful information for the PI on eRA Commons' features and functions and understanding different screen statuses as well as for NIH reviewers navigating the Internet Assisted Review (IAR) module.
- Electronic Research Administration (eRA) (Training Materials and Hand Outs from Workshops)
- Grants and Funding (Podcasts)
- Learn about a variety of topics on the NIH and the grants submission process, preparing a successful application, advice for new and early-career scientists, and managing your award.
- Grants and Funding (Recent Webinars)
- Grants and Funding (Videos and Webinars) See featured videos and peruse this large selection of NIH videos and webinars. Link to other NIH Channels like Genome TV and NCBI.
- Indirect Costs 101 (Videos - approx. 20 minutes)
- Peer Review Process - Overall (Videos- approx. 45 minutes total viewing time) NIH's Center for Scientific Review (CSR) has produced a series of videos to give you an inside look at how scientists from across the country review NIH grant applications for scientific and technical merit.
- Peer Review Process - Grant Mechanism (Webinars)
- Rigor and Transparency (Video - approx. 30 minutes total viewing time)
- xTRACT ( 3 Videos: approx. 15 minutes total viewing time)
Research Administration Professional Organizations
- The National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC)
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA)