Please read the following before submitting to the PPHS office for human research review.
If you are new to research at Mount Sinai click here
The submission process at Mount Sinai requires that you navigate three systems in this order:
- Sinai Central - FCOI (Create a new Investigator Form and complete Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosures)
- Ideate - This is the electronic submission system for human subjects research projects that are new requests or subsequent submissions for projects approved in the Ideate system.
- InfoEd - Used by the Grants and Contracts Office - a submission is required regardless of the type of funding, including no external funding.
All non-Ideate submissions (only accepted for ongoing research that was approved outside of the Ideate system) must be sent to the IRB Inbox at IRB@mssm.edu.
Ideate is the electronic submission system for human research project applications to the PPHS/IRB. For more information on when to submit in Ideate, click here. For tips on how to attach and manage documents in Ideate, click here.
Consent Templates are available on the PPHS Forms and Documents page.
Pre-Requisite for submission to the PPHS:
All study personnel must complete the PPHS education requirements (please see PPHS Ed Reqs for more information on the requirements) through the CITIProgram. To see the completed courses, review the Investigators Form for the project in Sinai Central. You are not required to upload copies of education certificates into Ideate.
Average Turnaround Times:
- Full Board projects: 27 business days from submission deadline to review at a meeting
- Expedited projects: 25 business days from submission deadline to approval