Please read the following before submitting to the PPHS office for human research review.
If you are new to research at Mount Sinai click here
ISMMS allows any member of the study team to serve as PI (e.g. a student may be the PI for their own project); however, please note that ALL projects must have at least one ISMMS faculty member on the study team.
The submission process at Mount Sinai requires that you navigate three systems in this order:
- Sinai Central - FCOI (Create a new Investigator Form and complete Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosures)
- Ideate - This is the electronic submission system for human subjects research projects that are new requests or subsequent submissions for projects approved in the Ideate system.
- InfoEd - Used by the Grants and Contracts Office - a submission is required regardless of the type of funding, including no external funding.
All non-Ideate submissions (only accepted for ongoing research that was approved outside of the Ideate system) must be sent to the IRB Inbox at IRB@mssm.edu.
Ideate is the electronic submission system for human research project applications to the PPHS/IRB.
- DO NOT create a new submission (modification or continuation) until all previous submissions have been fully approved in Ideate. Creating a new submission too early will cause Ideate to pull forward old versions of your study documents from the last approved submission. This does not apply to Reportable New Information.
- For tips on how to attach and manage documents in Ideate, click here.
- You cannot submit a modification as part of the continuation application in Ideate. If a modification is needed at the time of continuation, a modification should be created in Ideate, and the HRP-212 form (found on the Forms page here) should be attached to provide the continuation information. The Amendment Summary should start with "CONTINUATION WITH MODIFICATION". Please note that if your project has expired, this process cannot be used and a Continuation must be submitted prior to the modification being processed.
- Consent Templates are available on the PPHS Forms and Documents page.
- Pre-Requisite for submission to the PPHS:
- All study personnel must complete the PPHS education requirements (please see PPHS Ed Reqs for more information on the requirements) through the CITIProgram. To see the completed courses, review the Investigators Form for the project in Sinai Central. You are not required to upload copies of education certificates into Ideate.
- A current GCO application must be initiated.
- An Investigator Form (IF) must be completed via Sinai Central.
Average Turnaround Times:
- Full Board projects: 27 business days from submission deadline to review at a meeting
- Expedited projects: 25 business days from submission deadline to approval