The mission of the Jack and Lucy Clark Department of Pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is to provide exceptional, state-of-the-art, compassionate clinical care and community service. Our department, established in 1878, contributes to groundbreaking scientific research and educates the next generation of academic leaders in pediatrics, achieving these goals with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
Message from the Chair
Our Chair, Lisa M. Satlin, MD, describes the success and history of our department in her own words. Learn more about our Department
The Department of Pediatrics has been providing exceptional clinical care and performing innovative research since our inception in 1878. Learn more about our academic and clinical history
With some of the brightest minds in pediatric research and more than $40 million in annual funding, our department is dedicated to improving basic mechanisms underlying health and disease, diagnostics, and therapeutics that contribute to well-being throughout the lifespan. Learn more about our innovative research community
Programs and Events
We are committed to improving the health of the world’s children in the Department of Pediatrics at the Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital. We organize events and programs throughout the year for our scientists and physician-scientists that highlight the outstanding current and ongoing research, promote scientific partnerships and prepare the next generation of scientific leaders in pediatric medicine. Learn more
The Department of Pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai consists of 15 divisions. Each division is responsible for fostering growth and excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Learn more about our divisions.
Our faculty and staff includes a talented group of clinicians, educators, and investigators—all sharing a common goal of optimizing health outcomes for all patients. Learn more about our faculty and staff.
The outstanding success of the Jack and Lucy Clark Department of Pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and at the Mount Sinai Health System, is made possible by the continuing commitment, enthusiasm, and shared vision of our senior leadership team, which includes:
- Lisa M. Satlin, MD, Chair and Pediatrician-in-Chief
- Fernando Ferrer, MD, Chief Operating Officer and Vice Chair of Hospital Operations
- John Bucuvalas, MD, Vice Chair of Faculty Affairs
- Lindsey Douglas, MD, Medical Director of Patient Safety and Quality
- Sharon Edwards, MD, Vice Chair of Diversity
- Joel Forman, MD, Vice Chair of Education
- Bruce D. Gelb, MD, Director of Mindich Child Health and Development Institute
- Peter Midulla, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief
- Henrietta Rosenberg, MD, Radiologist-in-Chief
- Alfin Vicencio, MD, Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs and Strategy
- Karen Wilson, MD, MPH, Vice Chair of Clinical/Translational Research
- Michael Yaker, MD, Vice Chair of Community Pediatrics
- Freda Burstyn, MBA, Vice Chair of Administration