Mentors play an important role in the career development of junior faculty, which they fulfill by helping them navigate career challenges. It is crucial that mentors and mentees work together to define expectations of their relationship.
Mentors provide support by:
- Helping to define short-term and long-term goals
- Filling knowledge gaps or introducing mentees to someone who can fill those gaps
- Connecting mentees with resources and programs within the Mount Sinai Health System that may be useful
- Providing constructive criticism and praise of mentee work
- Giving career advice, as well as advice on managing work-life balance
The Mentor Guide is an easy-to-use tool that will help mentors manage the various stages of the mentoring relationship.
Faculty interested in becoming mentors may get in touch with departmental mentoring leaders.
If you have any questions about mentoring resources or have a topic you would like to see addressed at an event, please contact email@example.com.