This is an innovative 12-month program that provides rigorous training in the foundational concepts, theory, and advanced methods of epidemiology with an emphasis on applying quantitative research skills to address complex public health problems. Our students will acquire skills in hypothesis formation and testing, data collection, statistical computing, research design, and interpretation of results and findings.
As part of the degree, you will complete a thesis or manuscript under the mentorship of a faculty member in an area of your interest. Possible areas include environmental health, cancer, global health, infectious diseases, nutrition, aging, and population health. Learn more about the MS in Epidemiology.
Application Deadline: June 1
As an applicant, you must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. We review official transcripts for demonstration of satisfactory performance in quantitative and qualitative methods and in social and biological sciences. We select students based on demonstrated past academic achievement, among other qualifications.
There is no minimum GPA requirement or GRE score requirement.
- Completed SOPHAS application including:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement (no more than 2 pages single or double spaced)
This statement should be a concise, well-written essay about your educational background and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in epidemiology. You should give information about:
- Your background as it pertains to your academic and professional goals.
- The motivating influences that stimulated interest in your specific discipline.
Your future career goals and objectives.
- Indicate how an advanced degree from our program/institution will help to achieve your educational and career objectives.
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- (Optional) Standardized test scores:
- GRE: have ETS send scores to SOPHAS using the code 0571 Mt Sinai Sch Medicine SOPHAS
- MCAT: have AAMC send scores to SOPHAS
- GMAT, LSAT, and other standardized tests may be substituted for the GRE or MCAT with written permission from the program
Application Requirements for International Students
We are currently unable to admit international applicants while we await approval for visa sponsorship.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The MS in Epidemiology program requires the completion of 34 credits for degree conferral. Tuition for the current Academic Year 2021-2022 is $1,300 per credit. Learn more about tuition and fees for our degree programs. Students with demonstrated financial need may be eligible for financial aid.
For more information please visit our Tuition and Financial Aid page.