1. Graduate Education Admissions
medical students sitting in school

Clinical Research Training Program Admissions

As a student in the Clinical Research Training Program at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, you have the opportunity to gain exposure to clinical and translational science within one of the largest hospital networks in New York. This one-year certificate program is ideal for recent college graduates interested in a career in science and/or health care or for individuals who are looking to further develop and explore their specific investigative interests such as residents, research fellows, and other health care professionals in training.

Application Requirements

Applicants to the Clinical Research Training Program must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university prior to matriculation.

Applicants to the program must submit the following:

  • A completed application
  • Official transcript(s) from all institutions of higher learning attended
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • Personal statement
  • Resume or CV
  • GRE and/or MCAT scores are not required; however, you are welcome to submit your scores if you have already taken the exam(s)
  • TOEFL and USMLE scores if applicable (see instructions for international students)

Application Deadlines and Decisions

Our admissions committee carefully reviews completed applications throughout the year for admissions to the upcoming Fall term. Apply by the following deadlines to be considered for admission to the Fall 2024 term:

  • Domestic students: July 1, 2024
  • International students: June 1, 2024

International Students

We encourage applications from qualified individuals, regardless of country of origin or where you received your academic and research training. Graduates from colleges or universities outside of the United States who have completed an academic program equivalent to an American bachelor’s degree by the time of matriculation are eligible to apply. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States should be translated into English and accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from a certified credential translation service.  A course-by-course evaluation will provide your grade for each course translated into the U.S. grading system equivalent. You may submit a course-by-course evaluation from any NACES-member organization. We cannot evaluate transcripts from institutions outside the United States without a course-by-course evaluation.

If the credential translation service you select provides an electronic transmission option, we recommend you choose that option when you request your document be sent to Icahn Mount Sinai. If the credential translation service does not offer an electronic transmission option, the documents should be mailed to:

Office of Admissions
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1002
New York, NY 10029

International medical graduates who have taken part or all United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) steps are required to submit their test scores as part of their application.

If you are from a non-English-speaking country and did not earn a degree from an English-speaking university or curriculum, we require the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We look for a score of 100 or higher. If you have not taken the TOEFL, we will also accept scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). IELTS scores of 7.5 or higher are desirable.

Official TOEFL or IELTS test scores should be sent to the address below. The TOEFL institution code for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is 2464.

Office of Admissions
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1002
New York, NY 10029

If you are an accepted international student, you are required to obtain the appropriate visa in order to enter the United States. Our International Personnel Office is able to help and can be reached at (212) 241-8300.

Clinical Research Overview

Clinical Research Program
View All Videos