If you test positive for COVID-19, you must complete the COVID-19 Case Report Form and isolate for a minimum of 5 days
- DAY 0: the day you tested positive or symptoms started (whichever came first)
- DAY 1: the day after your positive test (or symptom onset)
Everyone who tests positive – whether by antigen or PCR test and regardless of symptoms, prior infection, or vaccination/booster status – must isolate for at least 5 days. A longer isolation is required for individuals who:
- Have persistent symptoms and/or fevers at day 5
- Are unable to wear a well-fitting mask
- Are moderately to severely immunocompromised
If you meet these criteria, please discuss an individualized plan of care with Student Health.
You do not need a negative test to return to work or class.
2. Mask for a minimum of 10 days
If your symptoms are improving and you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, you may return to school/work on Day 6. You must continue to wear a well-fitting mask for at least 10 days
3. Minimize Exposures & Contacts
- Keep to your home or room (if you reside in a shared apartment) as much as possible: go out when others are less likely to be around and avoid highly trafficked areas.
- Mask up when passing through common spaces (e.g. to go to the bathroom or get food from the kitchen) and try to avoid being in shared spaces when others are around.
- Maintain distance (at least 6 feet) from other people.
- Arrange for foods, medications, and other needed items to be delivered directly to your apartment. If possible, have a friend or family member pick up items delivered to the lobby.
- If you share a bathroom, disinfect high touch surfaces after use (handles, light switches, counter tops, etc). Keep some disinfectant wipes on hand for ease of use should you need them!
- Do not take public transportation.