At the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS), we provide more than just a rigorous, high quality medical education. We offer a supportive, inspiring, and personalized learning environment to help you reach your maximum potential – both as a physician and as a human being.
At the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS), we encourage and support the bold thinking and disciplined science that will fundamentally change health care. Our MD program, one of the best in the country, prepares students for the opportunities and challenges of practicing medicine and biomedical research in the 21st century. We provide our students with the analytical tools needed for research; the skills to work in interprofessional teams; a passion for self-directed learning; and an appreciation for applying science to address disparities locally and globally.
- We thread four themes throughout our curriculum:
- Research and Discovery: Providing the skills necessary for scholarly exploration
- Service Learning: Combining community service with adequate preparation and reflection
- Global Health: Improving the health of people around the world through enduring partnerships, education, research, and patient care
- Frontiers in Science: Embedding real world science into the classroom and highlighting where biomedical research is headed